In January 2011, the new law school building opened. Named for UM chancellor emeritus and former law professor Robert Khayat, the state-of-the-art, LEED-certified learning facility has been designed to facilitate community interaction among students and between students and faculty. The building also is designed to enhance clinical experiences for students and to host conferences for lawyers, judges and legal scholars.
The new School of Law features classrooms designed to encourage active learning among law students. The classrooms also accomodate the latest technology used by both faculty and students. An assortment of classroom sizes enables us to offer a number of small and medium-sized classes, providing an outstanding learning experience for our students.
- Lecture theater (sits 220)
- State-of-the-art library with reading room, special collections room and computer lab
- Student organizations suite
- Group study rooms
- Distance-learning room
- Career Services interview rooms
- Mississippi Law Journal suite
- Civil Legal Clinic suite
- Moot Court suite (two courtrooms and staff offices)
- Café and dining room
- Student Lounge