Greetings! We hope you are looking forward to attending the Council on Legal Education Opportunity’s (CLEO) “Reunion Weekend 2014” festivities scheduled to take place at the University of Mississippi School of Law in Oxford, MS, beginning Thursday evening, July 17 and concluding Saturday afternoon, July 19. The three-day activity schedule is outlined below.
Thursday, July 17
- (5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- A “Welcome” reception honoring the “Judges of CLEO” will be held at the home of Law School Dean, Richard Gershon. The address is 3816 Majestic Oaks Drive, Oxford, MS 38655.
Friday, July 18 (All three events will take place at the law school – 481 Coliseum Drive, University, MS 38677)
- (8:00 am – 12:00 pm – Weems Auditorium, Room 1078) Three-hour CLE event
- “50 Years After Freedom Summer – A Legislative and Judicial Overview of Civil Rights in 2014 Mississippi” The CLE topics are:
Religious Discrimination & The 1st Amendment: A Restoration of Discrimination?
Voting Rights – “District Lines and Disenfranchisement”
Gender Discrimination – “Gender & The Civil Rights Act”
- (1:00 – 4:00 pm – Room 2035) CLEO Moot Court Competition
- (5:00 – 8:00 pm – Atrium Area) CLEO Fellows Graduation & Dinner
Saturday, July 19 (11:30 am – 1:30 pm)
- A “Farewell” brunch will be hosted at the home of Ole Miss Law School Senior Research Counsel, Arlin Ruthven. The address is 58 County Road 476, Water Valley, MS 38965.
RSVP EXTENDED – Please RSVP by Monday, July 14, 2014, to RegOnline CLEO 2014 Reunion Weekend link below
The cost to attend all three days of planned activities as outlined above is $125 (USD). (Please note that there is no charge to attend the Thursday evening “Welcome” reception, but the $125 fee must be paid in order to attend one or more of the four events scheduled for Friday and Saturday.) To RSVP and make your preferred registration selection, please visit:
Additionally, donations to CLEO, Inc., a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization, are always welcomed and appreciated. To make a tax-deductible contribution online, please click on the link below. Donations will also be accepted onsite by CLEO staff in attendance at any of the “Reunion Weekend” events.