This is a skype conference that will cover the following:
1. recent developments in the field of post-Communist Civil Societies by using the building blocks of advocacy and lobbying,
2. the Building of Civic Societies as a means of strengthening independent nongovernmental organizations,
3. the critical need to help voluntary Civic Societies and organizations develop legal, financial and regulatory frameworks,
4. the role of increased public engagement and accountability in democratic development and sustaining democracy, and
5. examples of how to establish and maintain networks of advocacy organizations that facilitate increased access to justice in the areas of healthcare, employment, property rights, economic development, and governance.