- Student-run law journal hosts annual symposia with attendance of 250 people
- 20-24 2L and 3L students participate in putting on symposia and producing 2 issues of journal each year.
- Past symposia topics: (1) social media and intercollegiate athletics, (2) the future of the BCS, (3) concussions, (4) amateurism in college athletics, (5) telecommunications and sports broadcasting, (6) the NCAA’s autonomy structure
- Past symposia speakers include: Greg Sankey (SEC Commissioner), Ross Bjork, (Ole Miss AD), Tom Bowen (Memphis AD), Marc Edelman (CUNY), Leeland Zeller (NCAA Associate Director), Kristi Dosh (ESPN / Sports Marketing), Charles Hussey (SEC Network), Robert Frieden (Penn State Law), Babette Boliek (Pepperdine Law), Terence High (NFL Agent), Rick Karcher (Florida Coastal Law), Matt Mitten (Marquette Law), Maureen Weston (Pepperdine Law), William King (Sports Lawyer), Jason Levien (former Memphis Grizzlies CEO), Jeffrey Standen (N. Kentucky Law), Todd Wade (NFL player), Dr. Andrew Gregory (Vanderbilt University), Philip Thomas (Sports Lawyer), Rod Smith (Arizona State Law), Alfred Mathewson (New Mexico Law), Christian Dennie (Sports Lawyer), Meg Penrose (Texas A&M Law), Timothy Epstein (Sports Lawyer), Jerry Parkinson (Wyoming Law).
Mississippi Sports Law Society
Student-run organization that sponsors speakers (2010-present)
- Hosts 1-2 events per semester
- Membership of 50 students
- Brings in speakers to discuss various topics related to sports law
- Past speakers include: Paul Finebaum (SEC Network), Kristi Dosh (ESPN/Sports Marketing), Lynette Johnson (UM Associate AD), Anne Carr (Miss. St. Associate AD), Lee Tyner (UM General Counsel), Charles Ross (UM History), Warren Wiltshire (Former Referee), Patrick Strong (Sports Lawyer), Hugh Freeze (UM Football), Andy Kennedy (UM Basketball), Mike Bianco (UM Baseball)
University of Mississippi Entertainment Law Organization
- University of Mississippi Athletics Compliance Department (2-3 students/year)
- University of Southern Mississippi Athletics Department
- University of South Alabama Athletics Department
- Mississippi Sports Law Review Symposium
- Mid-South Intellectual Property Institute