OXFORD, Miss. — The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit held oral arguments at the University of Mississippi School of Law last in March.
The federal appellate court, which has a jurisdiction that includes Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, has been visiting UM Law roughly every three years since 1983.
During the visit, a panel of Judges Rhesa H. Barksdale (J.D. 1972), Leslie H. Southwick and Stephen A. Higginson will heard 11 oral arguments over three days in the law school’s courtroom. Additionally, they met with law students interested in federal clerkships and hosted a Q&A session for students.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, often referred to as the Fifth Circuit, is one of 13 federal appellate courts. The court’s home is the John Minor Wisdom United States Court of Appeals Building in New Orleans.
Recordings of the oral arguments are linked for each case below:
- 22-30169 USA v. Christopher Kinzy, Appellant
- 22-30288 Michael Ashford, Et Al., Appellants-Appellees v. Aeroframe Services, Appellant v. Aviation Technical Services v. Roger Porter, Appellant (Cons. w/ 22-30185, Et Al.)
- 22-40376 Whirlpool Corporation, Et Al., Appellants v. Shenzhen Salinda Electrical Technology Company, Et Al
- 22-50536 Vote.Org v. Ken Paxton, Et Al., Appellants
- 19-11200 Mark Moody, Appellant v. Bobby Lumpkin
- 22-60399 TNT Crane & Rigging, Petitioner v. Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, Et Al
- 22-50102 Shanon Edmiston, Et Al. v. Oscar Borrego, Sr., Et Al., Appellants
- 22-20274 Inmarsat Global Limited, Et Al., Appellants v. SpeedCast International Limited
- 22-20333 Antonio Martinelli v. Hearst Newspapers, Et Al., Appellants
- 22-30351 Arthur Sampson, Jr., Et Al. v. United Services Automobile Association, Et Al., Appellants
- 22-10360 Otis Crandel, Et Al., Appellants v. Dalena Hall, Et Al (Cons. w/ No. 22-10361)