To obtain a copy of the University of Mississippi School of Law’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Strategic Plan, please contact Joshua Quinn Tucker at email@example.com.
2022-2023 Academic Year
- Doughnuts for Diversity
- Students, Faculty, and Staff are invited to come meet and engage with the Law School’s Inaugural Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Women’s History Month
- During Women’s History Month, the Law School Community is invited to a panel discussion on women in the legal profession.
- Affinity Group Council Meeting
- In conjunction with faculty/ administrative advisors, provide support and guidance for affinity group organizations and diverse students and historically underrepresented students including, but not limited to African Americans, Asian Americans, South Asian Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, and other underrepresented and marginalized students, including first generation students, gay, lesbian and transgender students, students with physical or mental disabilities, veterans, older students, religious students, and students with children.
- Evening of First-Gen Excellence
- The First-Gen Evening of Excellence is an event held to celebrate the achievements and graduation of our First Gen Scholars and those who have supported them along their journey.
- Trainings and Acknowledgment of Heritage Months
- Since establishing the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, it recognized and celebrated the various heritage months, provided disability awareness training for faculty, and executed a successful staff retreat.