BYC Mini-Mentoring Event
UM Law School, Oxford, Mississippi
October 4th, 2019
This fall we had our second annual mini-mentoring event! It was a huge success with over 30 law students participating and an all-star cast of UM Law Alumni and friends of UM Law as well:
- Ann Corso Taylor – Jones Walker, Jackson, MS; Bessie Young Board Member
- Drew Mauldin – Mayo Mallette, Oxford, MS
- Laura Hill Dixon – Mississippi Public Service Commission, Jackson, MS; Bessie Young Board Member
- Mary Ann Connell –Mayo Mallette, Oxford, MS; Adjunct Professor
- Amber L. Kipfmiller – Jones Walker, Jackson, MS
- Jamie Jacks – Plauché Maselli Parkerson, New Orleans, LA; Bessie Young Board Member
- Cynthia Speetjens – Criminal Defense-General, Madison, MS; Bessie Young Board Member
- Mike Carr – Carr Law Firm, Cleveland, MS
- John C. Cox – Cox & Moore, PLLC, Cleveland, MS
The purpose of this event is to connect our students to our alumni through mentoring. Our mentors discussed various subject matters including their areas of practice, work/life balance, what they look for in an associate/co-worker, and what impresses firms when they interview potential associates. The room was filled with positive energy as our students and alumni discussed a wide array of topics as well as answered questions from students.
If you are interested in participating next year as a mentor, please contact: Jessica Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org.